Kikinaw Energy Services is currently accepting applications for Wind Technician II - Canada.
Kikinaw Energy Services (Kikinaw) is Wind Energy Operations and Maintenance contractor based in Fort St. John, BC. Together, with the support of our internal stakeholders, we are looking for ambitious and motivated people to help achieve our Company’s vision to “Inspire a Clean Future in Energy”. Kikinaw values the people in our organization and compensates through rewards programs, company social functions, education and training opportunities, benefits package and competitive wages.
- Accountable – We take responsibility for the well-being of our stakeholders, environment, and organization.
- Dependable – Reliable people and products.
- Honest – We respect our ethics and conduct ourselves with integrity.
- Driven – Our objectives motivate us, and we aim for continuous improvement.
Reporting to management, the Wind Technician II will perform a variety of tasks in Wind Turbine construction, maintenance, and operations. Wind Technicians work across Canada in various and often remote locations with minimal supervision. The position is full-time and year-round depending on service schedules of our customers. Successful candidates will be expected to work at dispatched locations for extended periods (up to 6-8 weeks). Kikinaw will provide Wind Technicians with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), travel to locations, living-out-allowance (when applicable) and transportation while dispatched.
- Actively communicate with supervisors and team members
- Promote Kikinaw’s core values on the job site concerning safety, task execution, and personnel
- Promote and follow Kikinaw's Code of Ethics
- Turbine inspections and cleaning
- Collect data for testing or research analysis
- Perform routine maintenance and services on Wind Turbines
- Test, inspect and troubleshoot electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components and systems
- Replace worn or malfunctioning components
- Complete proper safety, time, and expense documentation
- Engage in company safety and operations meetings in-person or through mobile applications
- Maintain assigned equipment and tooling in good working order
- Valid Drivers License, First Aid, and Wind Turbine specific Working-at-Heights
- Minimum 1+ year of Wind Turbine construction and/or maintenance experience is an asset
- Minimum 6+ months electrical, mechanical or hydraulic experience; or Wind Turbine technical training
- Must have a smartphone
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early morning, evening, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability Climb Wind Turbines (up to 400 feet)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to lift (up to) 50 lbs
- Ability to use smartphone and download company required mobile applications
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test
To apply for this position visit our careers page at www.kikinaw.ca/careers/, find the Wind Technician II link and click "Apply for this Job".